Do you suffer from jaw pain, headaches, migraines, earaches, or painful chewing? If so, you may have temporomandibular disorder, more commonly known as TMJ.
Westminster Dental Care offers the very best TMJ treatment near Westminster, CO because we take a personal approach to caring for our patients. We also offer a range of treatment options so you'll likely never need to be referred to an outside specialist.
What Is TMJ?
TMJ causes significant jaw pain and, in some cases, limited movement in the joint of the jaw. For many sufferers, it negatively affects their quality of life as it makes chewing, talking, swallowing, and even breathing, uncomfortable tasks.
Sufferers report experiencing a range of symptoms including constant facial pain, swelling, teeth grinding while sleeping, unexplained facial sensitivity, locking of the jaw joint, and a limited range of motion in the jaw.
If you frequently suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, Dr. McKnight is here to help:
- Persistent headaches and migraines
- Pain and tenderness around the jaw
- Unexplained facial pain
- Jaw stiffness
- Persistent earaches
- Pain while chewing
- Pain while yawning
- Locking of the jaw
- Uncontrolled change of facial expression
- Changes in bite
During your TMJ treatment consultation with Dr. McKnight, your local Westminster dentist, he will listen to your concerns and review your health history and lifestyle choices to determine which treatment option fits your needs!
Our TMJ Treatments Can Help!
At Westminster Dental Care, our team uses various treatment options to provide rapid, long-lasting results.
If you are diagnosed with this condition, Dr. McKnight may choose to treat you using one or more of the following:
- Oral Appliance. Dr. McKnight fabricates custom oral appliances designed to keep your jaw in just the right position all night long so that you wake up feeling comfortable and well-rested.
- Medicinal Therapy. For some patients, medicinal therapy can treat the symptoms of TMJ. Prior to prescribing medication, our team will thoroughly review your health history to determine which option is healthiest for you.
- Anti-Aging Injections. Anti-aging injections are typically used for cosmetic reasons but they can also help relieve the symptoms of TMJ - without changing your facial appearance. These injections are particularly helpful in treating migraines, pain, earaches, jaw tension, and more.
Schedule Your TMJ Treatment Consultation With Dr. McKnight!
Are you suffering from painful, uncomfortable TMJ symptoms? Call us today!